Careers Map for Prince William School
“Learning for Life” is at the heart of what we do. Our core values that all students should be ‘Respectful, Ambitious, and Resilient’ support the importance of high-quality Careers Education and Information Guidance. We aim to provide an effective careers programme which offers all students advice, experience and contact with employers which will help to raise their aspirations, support them in making informed decisions about career pathways, and understand what they need to do to be successful.
We believe that there is no limitation as to what our students can achieve and with the right education and career’s information our students will be equipped to make informed decisions about their futures.
Every student has access to the online careers platform – www.unifrog.org
Year 7 – Key foci:
- Identifying and demonstrating key skills.
- What is your dream job? Practise using the unifrog careers library.
- Using unifrog to record activities as a record for the future.
Year 8 – Key foci:
- Identify skills and interests to explore future careers.
- Initial look at universities and apprenticeships as post 16 pathways.
- Understanding transferable skills.
Year 9 – Key foci:
- Making GCSE options with career pathways in mind.
- The ability to lead in all of us.
- CV writing.
Year 10 - Key foci:
- Understanding and practise of independence.
- The importance of teamwork and communication.
- Going deeper – universities and apprenticeships.
Year 11 – Key foci
- Overview of post 16 pathways
- In depth look at post 16 options.
- Post 16 intentions.
- Coping with changes.
Year 12 – Key foci
- Learning about post 18 options.
- Discovering moocs.
- Comparing post 18 pathways.
- Attending a mooc.
Year 13 – Key foci
- Final post 18 shortlists.
- Attending university assessment days.