Prince William School is a secondary school serving students in years 7 - 13. We serve a large rural catchment area and our students are usually drawn from our feeder primary schools located in Oundle, Thrapston and our surrounding local villages.
To apply for a school place at Prince William School, please visit the North Northamptonshire Council Website.
Our admissions policies can be viewed by clicking the link below:
Any parents who are 'out of area' and are interested in pursuing admission to Prince William School are asked to contact the school in the first instance. Parents are then required to apply online as above. In-year requests will be managed in a similar manner.
The criteria for the allocation of places is as follows:
Places will be allocated to pupils who have an EHC plan that names the school as appropriate provision. When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Children in public care or previously in public care but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements order or special guardianship order. All LAC and previously LAC are given the highest priority in all schools’ oversubscription
- To children who have an older brother or sister continuing at the school at the time of transfer.
- To students attending one of the feeder schools of Kings Cliffe Endowed, Thrapston, Trinity, Polebrook, Titchmarsh, Warmington, Oundle Primary, Glapthorn and Nassington.
- To other children who live within the linked villages of Achurch, Aldwincle, Apethorpe, Armston, Ashton, Barnwell, Benefield, Blatherwycke, Bulwick, Clopton, Cotterstock, Collyweston, Deene, Deenethorpe, Denford, Denford Ash, Duddington, Easton-on-theHill, Fineshade, Fotheringhay, Glapthorn, Hemington, Islip, Kings Cliffe, Laxton, Lilford-cum-Wigthorpe, Lowick, Luddington, Lutton, Nassington, Oundle, Pilton, Polebrook, Southwick, Stoke Doyle, Sudborough, Tansor, Thorpe Waterville, Titchmarsh, Thrapston, Thurning, Wadenhoe, Wakerley, Warmington, Woodnewton and Yarwell.
- Children who live closer to Prince William School than any other school.
- Other children.
Allocation of PAN If the published admission number (PAN) is exceeded within any criterion priority will be given to those who, live closest to the school. Distance will be measured on a ‘straight line’ basis, with distances measured using the NCC’s GIS system.
Year 7 September 2022-2023 Admissions
If your child is joining Prince William School in September 2022 and would like to receive music lessons from the Northamptonshire Music and Performing Arts Trust (NMPAT), please complete this form by Monday 28th March, 3.15PM. No responses will be accepted after this date / time. We will then send you further details, including a contract and details of payment for lessons to start from September 2022. Further information and contracts will then be sent out on the 29th March 2022
Prince William welcomes any application to join the Sixth Form. For more details, visit:
Parents who have applied for, but have not been successful in obtaining a place for their child at our school, have the right to appeal. Please see the EMAT website for more information.