Prince William School is a secondary school serving students in years 7 - 13. We serve a large rural catchment area and our students are usually drawn from our feeder primary schools located in Oundle, Thrapston and our surrounding local villages.
To apply for a school place at Prince William School, please visit the North Northamptonshire Council Website.
Our admissions policies can be viewed by clicking the link below:
Any parents who are 'out of area' and are interested in pursuing admission to Prince William School are asked to contact the school in the first instance. Parents are then required to apply online as above. In-year requests will be managed in a similar manner.
The criteria for the allocation of places is as follows:
Places will be allocated to pupils who have an EHC plan that names the school as appropriate provision. When there are more applications for places than there are places available, priority will be given in the following order:
- Children in public care or previously in public care but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements order or special guardianship order. All LAC and previously LAC are given the highest priority in all schools’ oversubscription
- To children who have an older brother or sister continuing at the school at the time of transfer.
- To students attending one of the feeder schools of Kings Cliffe Endowed, Thrapston, Trinity, Polebrook, Titchmarsh, Warmington, Oundle Primary, Glapthorn and Nassington.
- To other children who live within the linked villages of Achurch, Aldwincle, Apethorpe, Armston, Ashton, Barnwell, Benefield, Blatherwycke, Bulwick, Clopton, Cotterstock, Collyweston, Deene, Deenethorpe, Denford, Denford Ash, Duddington, Easton-on-theHill, Fineshade, Fotheringhay, Glapthorn, Hemington, Islip, Kings Cliffe, Laxton, Lilford-cum-Wigthorpe, Lowick, Luddington, Lutton, Nassington, Oundle, Pilton, Polebrook, Southwick, Stoke Doyle, Sudborough, Tansor, Thorpe Waterville, Titchmarsh, Thrapston, Thurning, Wadenhoe, Wakerley, Warmington, Woodnewton and Yarwell.
- Children who live closer to Prince William School than any other school.
- Other children.
Allocation of PAN If the published admission number (PAN) is exceeded within any criterion priority will be given to those who, live closest to the school. Distance will be measured on a ‘straight line’ basis, with distances measured using the NCC’s GIS system.
Year 7 September 2023 Admissions
If your child is due to start at Prince William School in September 2023, please use the following links to find everything here that you need to help ensure a smooth transition to PWS.
To view the information booklet, click here Parent information booklet
Edulink and supplying us with essential information about your child
To view and complete the EduLink Agreement and Consent Form, click on this link Edulink Agreement & Consent Form. Once you have done this you will be emailed a login and password to your EduLink account so you can then complete the information details for your child. Please do this as soon as possible so that we have all the information we need as we plan the transition days.
Modern Foreign Language (MFL) lessons
If your child is joining PWS in September 2023, they will study either French or Spanish as their MFL. They will be allocated either French or Spanish randomly unless you express a specific preference. If your child has a specific preference please complete the form by 31 March 2023 by clicking on this link Modern foreign languages preference form.
If your child is joining Prince William School in September 2023 and would like to receive music lessons from the Northamptonshire Music and Performing Arts Trust (NMPAT), please complete this form Music Lessons by Monday 28th March, 3.15PM. No responses will be accepted after this date / time. We will then send you further details, including a contract and details of payment for lessons to start from September 2023. Further information and contracts will then be sent out on 29th March 2023.
Prince William welcomes any application to join the Sixth Form. For more details, visit:
Parents who have applied for, but have not been successful in obtaining a place for their child at our school, have the right to appeal. Please see the EMAT website for more information.