Careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) at Prince William School is incorporated into all year groups to stimulate students’ interests in life and the world of work.
We aim to prepare students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences they may encounter in the future so that they have the skills and desire to reach their full potential.
Prince William School is committed to ensuring that our community has up to date information on the current labour market so that our students can make informed decisions about the type of careers they want to aim for. For labour market information in the South East Midlands area as well as information on different employment sectors, apprenticeships and careers related news, please click here
|Careers Lead||Mark Cooperemail@example.com|
- CEIAG is signposted through all subject areas.
- Each year group receives careers related learning through each subject, linked to one unit during the year.
- Through PSHE, students in years 7 through to 10 discuss current issues through our Vote Topic. Part of this involves making links between these issues and different careers.
- Through PSHE, students in years 9 and 11 receive guidance on options and pathways for KS4 and KS5.
- In Key Stage 4, students have access to a range of employers during a day. They receive advice on CV writing and interview skills as well as information on post 16 options and pathways.
- Through PSHE, students in Key Stage 4 receive guidance on a variety of employability skills. They also receive presentations regarding Apprenticeships, Sixth Form study as well as other pathways.
- Students in Year 12 receive guidance on applying to university and university life as well as presentations regarding apprenticeships and employability skills.
- Those students applying for Oxbridge, Medicine and Veterinary Medicine receive sessions on interview technique as well as mock interviews.
Parents - if you would like to download a magazine aimed at helping you to help your children please follow the link and click on Careermag. This magazine is issued three times a year. Click here to view the Careermag.
Students - if you would like to download a magazine aimed at helping you prepare for life after school, please follow the link and click on Careermag. Click here to view the Careermag.