Prince William School: Baker Clause Statement
This policy statement sets out the school’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to students at the school for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the school’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
As part of our CEIAG programme, we will consider requests from approved training, apprenticeship and vocational education providers to speak to students. We also approach these providers when planning and organising key CEIAG events throughout the school year.
All requests should be emailed at least 6 weeks in advance of an expected date for the planned session. In the first instance, requests by providers should be sent to email@example.com and should include:
- The proposed format, timings and duration of the planned session.
- The number of staff from the provider’s organisation who propose to visit.
- Any support requirements needed from the school.
All requests will be given due consideration from the designated Careers Leader and Senior Leadership. Requests will be considered against:
- Clashes with other planned activities or visits.
- Interruption to preparation for public or internal examinations.
- Availability of school staff, space and resources to host the session.
The Headteacher may refuse a request if it would be likely to be detrimental to the safety or wellbeing of students or staff, or if granting the request would be likely to bring the school or the Trust into disrepute.
For questions on this policy statement or the wider CEIAG programme at Prince William School, please do not hesitate to contact us.