Year 9 Options
In Year 10 students will follow GCSE courses in:
- English Language
- English Literature
- Science (Students in the top 2 or 3 sets in Science will all take Triple Science)
Students will also undertake the statutory requirements for Physical Education and Religious Studies/Personal, Social and Health Education. Further information about the GCSE courses in English, Mathematics and Science can be found in the booklet in the downloads section.
Additionally, at Prince William School, students study four more subjects.
All students must do at least one of:
- Computer Science
- French or
- ASDAN (with approval from the school’s SENDCo)
- Work Related and PDHE short courses (with approval form the school’s SENDCo)
and then three other subjects, as listed on the Option Form.
The English Baccalaureate
If students want to attain the English Baccalaureate, they will need to take at least
- History or Geography and
- French or German.
Please note: we offer a ‘free choice’ rather than option ‘columns’, so that a larger majority of students should get their preferred subject combination, but:
- If numbers are too small, some courses may not run
- If numbers are too big, we may have to ask some students to choose a different subject
- If a student’s choices don’t fit with the columns created by the subject combinations chosen by the majority, they will be asked to choose a different subject.
It is therefore crucial you put down a reserve choice and be willing to take that subject.